Exchange Email and Calendaring
UF Exchange provides a cost effective and collaborative messaging solution for the University of Florida utilizing Microsoft Exchange. This solution includes mobile device messaging. E-mail and Calendaring via Outlook Web Access (OWA), Activesync, Mapi, and Outlook Anywhere.
End user support from UF Computing Help Desk:
Phone: 352-392-HELP (4357)
Walk in: Hub 132
Hours of operation: http://helpdesk.ufl.edu/contact.html
System wide issues are supported 24/7/365.
Faculty, Staff or Student in a participating department
Provisioned by departmental IT
University Provided Service
Service System Availability: 24/7/365 except advertised maintenance windows.
Customer Support Availability: System wide issues are supported 24/7/365.
Users are supported during published UF Computing Help Desk hours.
Disaster Recovery Strategy
- What steps have been taken to mitigate the impact of service failure? Servers are load balanced across multiple datacenters.
- What steps have been taken to prevent data loss in case of failure? Daily backup to DPM. 4 copies of user data is spread across multiple physical sites.
- Target Availability: 24/7/365
- Standard provisioning turnaround: Immediate
- Standard request turnaround: 1 day
- Non-standard request turnaround: 1 week
- Service restoration turnaround: How long to restore service when:
- Outage/unusable: 1 hour
- Degraded/unreliable: 4-8 hours
- Minor/inconvenient: 7 days